RE: PostgreSQL and CVS DLL

< moved to cygwin developers list >

Jason Tishler writes:

>On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:45:26AM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:
>>
>> Postmaster crashes immediately apon any connection for me
>> with any Cygwin dll later then Dec31 2001.
>>
>> Is this just me ??
>
>I'm using a Cygwin DLL that I built on 2001/1/2 but it didn't have all
>of the latest Cygwin source (at the time) in it.
>
>> I apologize for the personal mail but I don't really have a
>> good bug report for the list other then above so I though
>> I would check with you first.
>>

>Please play the snapshot game to determine when (and if) this
>problem was
>introduced and report your finding backs to the Cygwin and/or
>PostgreSQL lists as appropriate.

OK -- using snapshots from cygwin.com

postgres runs fine using snapshot DLL dated 20011231
crashes for me with all DLL's dated 20020104 and later

I have a locally built DLL 20020103 that also crashes

FWIW
In an attempt to see if this was just an introduced 'incompatability'
with previous cygwin dlls I tried building postgres from scratch
with todays Cygwin CVS files
make check failed for me with < failed to createdb >
This could be do to local error however as I am not all that
familiar with the postgres build
< I used script from Cygwin postgres distribution >

Cheers

Norman Vine