RE: pthread_cond_wait fixed?

Jason Tishler writes:

>On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:47:41AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>> I did _not_ check in Egor's patch. His patch was incomplete.
>I checked
>> in a solution for the bug he reported.
>
>I'm sorry to report that Python's test_threadedtempfile still hangs in
>pthread_cond::TimedWait() in exactly the same place as before.

Jason

I find this very odd in that test_threadedtempfile.py does not
hang on either my Win98R2 box or my Win2kSP2 box.

This is with a locally compiled Python2.1 which has a few changes
but I don't believe any effect the threading ??

FWIW
This test has never hung for me since Rob got the initial
threading to work and this was also true with the unmodified
Python2.1 source that you bundled for Cygwin on my Win2k
box,  I never tested it on my Win98 machine.

Is there something about your machine's setup that couid cause
it to be hanging ??

Cheers

Norman