[dmehler@siscom.net: cygwin setup, accessability concerns.]

Perhaps you want to read that...

Corinna

----- Forwarded message from dave <dmehler@siscom.net> -----

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:10:59 -0400
From: "dave" <dmehler@siscom.net>
Subject: cygwin setup, accessability concerns.
To: <vinschen@cygnus.com>

Hello,
    I apologize for the direct email, I know the cygwin developers prefer
mailings to the cygwin mailing list, however I felt that since this message
wouldn't be of general use to average users a direct mailing would be more
efficient.
    I'd like to know whom to email concerning the cygwin setup program,
version isn't important, I've been using it since v1.3.1 and I'm now up to
v1.3.3. I'm using a screen reader, an application designed to give audible
feedback to items on the screen. For example on the net it'll say when I'm
in a form or traversing a table or in general it'll say when a checkbox is
selected or not. In the cygwin setup specifically in the package selection I
don't see any standard checkboxes denoting which packages are selected,
they're denoted by graphics indicating their status. I was wondering if this
could be changed to utilize standard windows checkboxes and whom I might
converse further on this issue with?
    Please forward this to the appropriate individual.
    And thank you for the great product, I've just discovered the greatness
of the inetutils on windows 2000, I love taking my unix box with me on the
road!
Dave.