fixup_after_fork_not?

In my win95 pthread work, I'm attempting to add a new fixup_after_fork()
routine, to be called from fork.cc after the fixup_signal_after_fork.
The function I'm creating generates new mutex objects...

However I have a problem, some insight would be appreciated :]

1) I can't run a non-stripped cygwin1.dll - not enough memory to load
cygwin1.dll. Don't know why, will try on win2k tonight. My changes don't
cause this btw.
2) either a) System_printfs consistently don't get written to the
console by the forked process, or b) fork() doesn't trigger the fixup
routine?!

By this I mean I've added a few system printf's as a substitute for a
non-stripped .dll...

in tcsh, calling ps will result in the printfs coming on screen - the
routine is firing.
in bash, calling ps will not result in the printfs showing. Now IIRC
tcsh uses exec, bash uses fork?

anyway, the test program uses plain old fork(), and _never_ shows the
system printfs. It also crashes as I would expect if the fixup routine
isn't firing.

Is there anything in the current .dll that would prevent the fixup_ set
of routines being reached in the child by a plain old fork() call on
win95?

Rob