Re: readonly, NTFS, and file metadata

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

 > Is it true that the problem can be restricted to files
 > which are actually owned by the current user???

Not entirely.  I've done some checking on SolarisX86, and given a file
'foo' owned by someone else and a group I do not belong to:

cp -p foo bar

bar is now owned by me and my group, but has the same timestamp as foo.

mv foo baz

baz is still owned by the other user, other group.  (I have write
permissions on & ownership of the enclosing directory)

--Chuck