Re: outstanding issues blocking new release?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:39:40PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > I don't know what you mean by "behavior #n".
>
> You listed three "new behaviors" in the email in which you announced
> your recent changes (although you didn't number them; they were 'bullet
> points').

Ah, but it makes no sense to separate them. All three together
are the result of my recent changes to the ntsec related code.
Nevertheless I think it's clear what you meant.

> Okay, consider my points answered, but let me confirm: you have made no
> recent changes to setup.exe, right?  (IOW, the setup.exe currently on
> the cygwin websight and a setup.exe built from CVS will both create dirs
> with the same simple DACL).

No, I made a change to _create_ a simple default DACL giving
full access to everyone in setup.exe. That's the new code in
main.cc I refered to in my previous posting. W/o that code the
default DACL would contain two ACEs, one for the user (or
the admin group in case of an admin) and one for SYSTEM, both
giving full access. That was actually the problem when a
directory doesn't inherit permissions.

>   If not, then perhaps a newish setup should
> be released along with the new cygwin.

Yep. That was the intention. Interesting enough this change
isn't that important anymore due to the fact that the latest
Cygwin now creates directories with inheriting permissions
again... However, it doesn't hurt to keep that default DACL
change in setup since it _only_ has an effect if the directories
in which to install don't inherit permissions which is very
unlikely. Famous last words from my boyfriend: Nobody uses
such non-inheriting directories on NTFS...

Red Hat, Inc.