Re: outstanding issues blocking new release?

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 07:32:11PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Tuesday, 07 August, 2001 Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp wrote:
>
>KF> n) Too large cygwin1.dll.
>
>KF> The size of cygwin1.dll suddenly became large when Egor added
>KF> the negative index support to ctype_.c in newlib. I guess the
>KF> augmented size of the table makes cygwin1.dll so large, but I
>KF> can't find the proper way to solve it.
>
>no. it was because of change of size of zombie array and static buffer
>for /dev/dsp. ctype_ change costs only 128 bytes.

I can scale back the zombie array size.

I've just set it to 4096.

Anyone want to handle dsp?  The original developer seems to have given
up on cygwin.

IIRC, I had to make changes to make sure that the dsp constructor wasn't
called every time cygwin started.