Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:18:31AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Is "delete entire cygwin tree, reinstall from scratch" an acceptable
> fix? :-)

Sure! You know you can heal nearly all problems on Windows systems
by the `install from scratch' method :-)))

>  > Perhaps a script would be a good idea. Personally I'm pretty sure
>  > that most users will never see that problem, though...
>
> Famous last words.

<g>

> I could probably whip up a perl (or shell) script to
> do this -- but: what cygwin command can I use to turn off "inherit from
> parent" or "propagate to child" behavior on an existing directory?  Not
> "chmod 0xxx" is it?

It would be a combination of a chmod which changes the permissions
to _anything_ different to the current setting and then a chmod
which reverts to the current setting. As I mentioned, that's
needed due to the fact that chmod is so _incredible_ clever.

Red Hat, Inc.