Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:04:00PM +0930, Trevor Forbes wrote:
>For info.
>
>I rebuilt ash with the following line changed in shell.h
># ifdef __CYGWIN__
>#  undef VFORK
>#  define VFORK 1   -> 0
>
>All autoconfig test pass, I rebuilt and checked autoconf (CVS ver) 3 times
>to see if the was any  problems and it is rock solid....
>
>I don't see the premissions problems Chuck is getting but I use Admin
>rights.

Ok.  We seem to be slowly zeroing in on the problem.  Is someone willing
to debug what's going on?  Why are the files deleted with
VFORK/no-vfork?

Has anyone tried turning off VFORK in cygwin and seeing if that solves
the problem, too?

We need to understand what mechanism is not being triggered to delete these
files.