Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 07:13:36PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2001 10:15:14 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > First, I can't reproduce the below behaviour in a NTFS dir (which
> > isn't that evident, though). The directories have permissions
> > 700 as the testsuite creates them, the subordered files have
> > 644 permissions. Both shouldn't result in a problem to delete
> > the files.
> [...]
> Chuck has found a separate issue, related to the NTFS problem...

Perhaps, but as I said, I can't reproduce that.

Charles, did you check the permissions of the parent directory /tmp?
Is it possible that it still has permissions set so that it propagatess
them to files and subfolders?

Could you repeat your test after calling

	chmod 700 /tmp
	chmod 1777 /tmp

? The problem is mostly the already existing ACL. As I
wrote in my mail `NTSEC users: Please test' on this list:

- `chmod 755' on a directory which already has 755 permissions.

    Will not work since `chmod' is so _clever_ to do nothing
    if the requested permissions are the same as the current
    permissions.

Red Hat, Inc.