Re: Sample setup.ini

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 12:02:43PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 10:29:03PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>>It's easy enough to release a setup.exe built with partial as the default
>>list display and CATEGORY disabled - only three lines need changing.
>>
>>That way I don't think a separate branch needs maintaining.
>
>I branched setup.exe before Robert's changes.  This version understands
>the new keywords.  I don't think it is ready for prime time yet, though.

Ok.  I made some more changes to scan2 so that tar files that exist on disk
but not in setup.ini will go in the "right" place.  It tries to do what
Michael and the FIXME recommended.

If you check out the pre_category branch, you'll get a version of setup.exe
before Robert's category changes.  The way I usually do this is:

  cd winsup
  rsync -a cinstall/ precinstall
  cd precinstall
  cvs update -rpre_category

This allows cvs to go to the minimal amount of effort necessary to get the
branch since it doesn't check out files that haven't changed.

You'll have to play some configury tricks to get this built.  I usually just
do this (untested):

  cd /build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup
  rsync -a cinstall/ precinstall
  cd precinstall
  perl -pi.bak 's%/cinstall%/precinstall%g' `find . -name config.status`
  ./config.status --recheck; ./config.status
  cd zlib; ./config.status --recheck; ./config.status
  cd ..; make clean all

If this version of setup.exe checks out ok, I'll put it on sources.redhat.com
ASAP.  Shortly thereafter, I'll update setup.ini with category and dependency
info, after posting a sample here.