Re: Source Only Missing in set_action() in setup.exe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael A. Chase" <mchase@ix.netcom.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 8:28 PM
Subject: Source Only Missing in set_action() in setup.exe

> ACTION_SRC_ONLY is effectively disabled because either pkg->installed
or
> pkg->installed->source_exists is false when set_action() is called.
>
> I'd prefer to leave it that way and let source downloads and installs
be
> controlled by the "Src?" checkbox:
>    For ACTION*_PREV, ACTION*_CURR, and ACTION*_TEST, the source file
to use
> would be the one associated with the action.
>    For ACTION_UNINSTALL and ACTION_REDO, the currently installed
version
> would apply.
>    For ACTION_SKIP, the default version would apply.
>
> I'd like to either gray-out or not paint the "Src?" checkbox if the
source
> is not available, but I'm still trying to figure out how to decide.

Howabout a different approach? A global "src" button at the top of the
package selection list. When selected source packages appear on separate
lines. This is in line with the common unix packaging systems and would
also allow explicit src package version choices. (Ie I might want the
experimental squid version source, but no binary to be installed.)

The src packages _could_ also be put into category Source automatically.

Rob