Re: Comments on Robert's category feature

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 12:33:55PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>BTW: I'm about 50% through to doing the updated screen Chris suggested.
>I think that a third view, that selects the metapackages only will be
>quite useful (ie show
>Development
>Workstation
>Server
>and just let the user choose one of those) but one thing at a time.

I don't think that this view is useful.  I forsee people installing the
Workstation being confused by the lack of inetd due to a misunderstanding
of the term Workstation.

I don't think that we need something beyond a category level which shows
generic things like "Development", "Shell", whatever.

I think that some programs should live in more than one category, though.
The current implementation doesn't allow that.

I wonder if we should maintain a category array which points to a list
of things in the category.