Re: process-startup headache.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: process-startup headache.

> I haven't waded through my email but I assume that this probably
> is quoted from the cygwin list since it seems to have shown up
> here with no preceding messages.

Nope, it's a quote from a prior thread here, which I managed to confuse
you with. Sorry..

> Can I ask that when people decide to move a discussion here that they
> provide enough context to understand what people are talking about?

Thats a very reasonable request. I thought I had achieved that by
quoting the paragraph in my earlier full email about slow startup &&
trouble with paul's ld. Both of which I thought were non-application,
cygwin1.dll only issues.

I suspect I erred on the side of bandwidth :].

> For instance, the words "A similar-in-appearance problem is
> occurring..." would be helped with something indicating what the
> similarity was referring to.

The problem as initially reported was similar to the slow startup
issue - that has turned out to be a call to NetEnumServers, which
Corinna indicates she may have fixed, but I haven't had time to look
into yet.

Rob

> cgf
>
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 11:35:20PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

non-relocatable