Re: dtable changes causing _very_ slow startup and process-startup headache. [was Re: auto-import ld]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen@redhat.com>

> I'm in a workgroup either and I have a 2nd box which is a domain
> member. Both boxes don't have the delay. Could you please debug
> that further?

Sure. The long delay occurs on security.cc:230, the call to
 NetServerEnum(NULL, 101, (LPBYTE *) &buf, MAX_PREFERRED_LENGTH,
&cnt, &tot, SV_TYPE_DOMAIN_CTRL, primary, NULL).

I have no other MS machines on my LAN, or in the workgroup. Further to
that MS networking services such as the computer browser and "Server"
service are not running on my machine. (Funnily enough I like having RAM
from my use :] ).

I suspect that the NetServerEnum call is forcing the redirector to try
and find a MS Networking server by broadcasts :[.

I'm not quite sure what assumptions are made in the code about how the
get_lsa_srv_inf funciton operates ... but I wonder if it's possible to
optimise out this call if the (username's domain is NULL ) || (the
username's domain == machine name) ?

Also, from memory (need to go to the office to confirm) NT and 2000
always have a net use connection to the logon server, we might test for
that?

Rob