Re: dtable changes causing _very_ slow startup and process-startup headache. [was Re: auto-import ld]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: dtable changes causing _very_ slow startup and
process-startup headache. [was Re: auto-import ld]

> What clues are you hoping for that wouldn't be immediately apparent
from
> running gdb on this?  If there is a substantial delay, it should be
really
> easy to figure out where this is.

There are no clues immediately apparent _after_ running GDB on this.
Should != what I experienced.

Clues_p (If it was a known HEAD issue, or if it sparked a memory for
you!?)

How do you get gdb to stop in cygwin1.dll before main() is reached? The
delay occurs during dll initialisation AFAICT, and I haven't managed to
find out how to stop that early on.

Likewise the linked exe stackdumps under bash/sh but not under cmd.exe.

Rob