Re: counting down to 1.3.0

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > Is there anything else outstanding that I should know about?  The only
> > thing that I am not sure about is the CYGWIN=title problem.  Looking at
> > the code, I don't see why it should be failing but I don't exactly know
> > how it used to work, so maybe it has either been broken for a while or
> > it is working as designed.
> >
> > Does anyone use this option?  Can anyone verify that it is either broken
> > or working?
>
> IIRC, you're problem was with W95 and also IIRC it always left the last
> operation in the title when going to the command prompt.  It's been more
> than two years since I last used Cygwin on W95.  I seem to recall that
> the first occurrence of the window title changing was B19.  Is it really
> worth an effort to change this?

It still appears to be broken on my win98 machine. It's only a minor
annoyance, and shouldn't hold up a release in my opinion. Perhaps it
should be off by default if it doesn't work properly, since it probably
just slows things down?

My previous copy/paste message from before seemed to be ignored, and is
really annoying in my opinion. I tried to investigate this further, but
couldn't really get anywhere using gdb. Sorry I can't track things down
further on this. The original report is @
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2001-03/msg00040.html