Re: Problems with cygwin1-20010304 and Cygwin-Xemacs subprocesses

Hi!

Monday, 12 March, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

>>CF> additions.  I'd prefer to let him look into this, if possible.
>>
>>i've   finally  make  xemacs  work  on my machine and reproduced these
>>errors.  i  hope  that  now  fixing  them is only matter of time. i'll
>>submit the patch ASAP.

CF> Is it possible that this is a problem with F_SETFD inheritance?  I seem
CF> to recall that I had problems with this when modifying tty stuff in
CF> the past.

it    looks    like   we   don't   set   need_fixup_after_fork   for
fhandler_tty_slave.  is  it  intentional?

afaics,  this  leads to the situation when process with open slave tty
forks,  forkee  doesn't call fhandler_tty_common::fixup_after_fork, as
it thinks it doesn't need to, so all handles are left invalid. if then
forkee  close  this  inherited fd of slave tty, there is a chance that
some  valid  handle  is  occasionally  equal to the, say, non-fixed-up
'input_available_event' handle, and nevertheless, we call
ForceCloseHandle(input_available_event).

if  i  understand  things  right,  it  will  be  sufficient  to  call
set_need_fork_fixup()  in  fhandler_tty_slave  constructor. or even in
fhandler_tty_common constructor?