re: copy/paste in win9x (was re: oustanding issues..)

(missent, sorry)

> > >On a side note, has anyone noticed pasting into a cygwin console window
on
> > >win98 doesn't appear to work anymore? Did this used to work, or am I
> > >hallucinating after working on my band's promo CD all night/morning?
> >
> > Copying and pasting on 9x with command.com has always meant using the menu
> > commands or toolbar buttons AFAIK.  Still, my experience and knowledge of
> > 9x is limited (by choice!;-))  Are you saying you cannot use command.com's
> > limited capabilities to produce the desired results?  I'm quite sure this
> > has worked in the past.
>
> Your analysis is correct. I can't copy->paste from windows->cygwin, or
> cygwin->cygwin on win98. This  is using the 1.1.8-2 package.

Test case is:
1. run command.com inside win98
2. cd \cygwin\bin
3. strace -f -ocyg.out bash
4. copy some text in notepad or elsewhere
5. in the (now) bash window, click the 'paste' button, or
alt+space-->edit-->paste.
--
6. if bash window locks up, open another command prompt
7. cd\cygwin\bin, use ps to find the hung bash's PID

results:
1.1.8: appears to do nothing. strace log attached.
1.1.7: same behaviour as 1.1.8
1.1.6: locks up(!) most of the time. strace log attached. tried to kill,
didn't work; kill -9 did kill it. Once it died, text I was trying to paste
dumped into the (now) DOS prompt.

I can try older DLLs if anyone can point me to an ftp site.