Re: -fomit-frame-pointer

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I tried it on a few files that should be 100% safe and things seemed to work
> but then I got enthusiastic and tried it on a whole bunch more.  I could do
> an 'ls' in bash.  It displayed the files and then died.

Looks like I did that work on a branch, and I may have had a working DLL
at the end, but it needed some tweaking (most of which is probably just
empirical changes to make things work). Again, this was just one of those
things I tried during the very long post-B19 days, and never looked back
at it.

I'll do a diff and see what I had to muck with.

> You're probably right, though.  It would be interesting to benchmark a cygwin
> built with and without the option to see if there was a noticeable change
> but I'm not going to do that anytime soon.

We may have better luck using the set of options Earnie is using. I'm
continuously amazed at how certain codes speed up, and sometimes slow
down, in weird ways using some seemingly arbitrary combination of these
optimization options. Some I can intuit, but not in general.

Regards,
Mumit