Re: CONFIRM subscribe to cygwin-apps@cygwin.com

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 08:39:48PM +0900, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

>> >	Is there a bug tracking system?
>>
>> No.  I've toyed with implementing one but I just don't have the will
>> to wade through the "Is cygwin work on Bushwa gcc?" messages that will
>> inevitably result from doing this.
>
>I agree with you.  I, however, believe a bug tracking system
>itself is meaningful. Users may be able to find a bug to be
>fixed in the system before they complain to the cygwin ML of it.
>If you limit writable access to a few members, you can keep away
>from meaningless messages.

I don't think that there is much chance of people who read the cygwin
mailing list figuring out what the error means or how it applies to
them.

However, I can see why a bug tracking list might be useful to people
with a clue.  I'll look into setting something up but it won't be
soon.

Setting up GNATS is an incredibly tedious and error-prone process.  I
keep waiting for "somebody" to automate the process on sources.redhat.com.