Re: testsuite

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 04:55:34PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

>The rule is, as best I can tell, this structure:
>
>* the directory where the makefile has "make check" capability,
>* subdirectory testsuite
>* subdirectories package.*
>* optionally more subdirectories
>* files *.exp
>
>If you changed winsup/Makefile.in to support "make check" then there
>would have to be src/winsup/testsuite/*/*.exp
>
>Note: you can have *more* subdirectories under testsuite/package.*,
>but not *less*.
>
>So, this would be feasible:
>
>src/winsup
>	testsuite
>		cygwin.*
>			winsup.api/winsup.exp (etc)
>		w32api.*
>		mingw.*
>
>Personally, I'd prefer the testsuites under the packages, but that's
>just to keep the mess localized.

A quick survey shows that every other package, even ones with separate
subdirectories has just one testsuite and it's in the "main" directory
off of sourceware.  So, we have gdb/testsuite, libio/testsuite,
libstdc++/testsuite, etc.

So, maybe Egor's right and we should move this up a level.  Then we
would need

winsup/
  Makefile.in (with check target)
  cinstall/
  cygwin/
  utils/
  w32api/
  testsuite/
     Makefile.in
     configure stuff
     winsup.api/
	Makefile.in
	configure stuff
	sources and tests
      w32api
	Makefile.in
	configure stuff
	sources and tests
      utils
	Makefile.in
	configure stuff
	sources and tests

This would make things more like the rest of the repository, I think.