Re: Where to find libintl?

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 08:20:16PM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:

>>>I don't know what the genesis of this message is.  I'm only seeing
>>>replies.  Apparently there was a problem somehwere (utils maybe?) and
>>>people aren't looking closely at the utils Makefile in order to
>>>determine how to fix it?
>>>
>>>Is that what is happening?
>
>CF> Ok.  I've read the thread in the cygwin mailing list.
>
>CF> I've checked in a temporary fix.  I intended to work on this more today.
>
>i've  always  wanted to familiarize myself with autoconf, and it seems
>to be good occasion to start with :) so i'll try to look at it too.

I've chosen to tackle this as a build time problem rather than a configure
time problem.  I'd rather have this "just work" when libintl and libbfd are
available.

I've tried to make all of the cygwin makefiles do the right thing when they
require a library but I don't want to complicate them further by automatically
building libbfd.a and libintl.a.

So, I added a warning in the Makefile.in when dumper's dependencies are
not available.  Otherwise, it just builds dumper.exe.