Re: [RFD]: Using a new feature of Win2K for symlinks

"Parker, Ron" wrote:

> > I have checked that out last weekend. We would be able to use
> > that as another method for implementing symlinks to regular files.
> > Would be no problem but would have no sense, too, because that
> > symlinks would be only visible for Cygwin apps. And we already
> > have a solution for non transparent symlinks...
>
> The only sense there would be in using it is that on Windows 2000 our
> symlinks would interoperate with non-cygwin Windows applications.  However
> this falls victim to the doesn't look like a symlink across a network share
> I mentioned before.

But as I wrote in my last mail, you don't have that problem.
They are simple directories for other machines in the network.
So it's transparent, too. Really, I tried that two days ago
with a NT4 and a W98 client.

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company