Re: Can't build snapshots with net release?

--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > >if you think it worthwhile I can mail it to you.  BTW, what is the normal
> > >prefix for the cygwin runtime stuff?
> >
> > It should be i686-pc-cygwin.  Is that what you mean?
>
> --prefix=/usr might be what he's asking about.

Yes, that is what I'm asking about.  I didn't know whether to put --prefix=/ or
--prefix=/usr.

> > >Also, I've found two executables that were built,
> > >i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/doc/makedoc and i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/doc/doctool
> but
> > >these are not included in the cygwin distrobution?? Why?
> >
> > Hmm.  I don't know.  DJ?
>
> Neither is a user application, so neither get installed.  Those exist
> only to do the build; makedoc builds the libc texinfo files and
> doctool builds the cygwin SGML manuals.  They're built during the
> build, they're used during the build, and their usefulness ends at the
> end of the build.

Ahm.  Couldn't it be useful for someone who is developing a different package?
Or perhaps developer might find it useful in converting sgml to something
readable.  And, if supplied, configure to determine if they exist and setup the
Makefile to not build the executables which would speed up the process.  BTW,
the documentation did not build correctly; i.e.: db2html and texi2html are "not
found".

Regards,

=====
---