Re: Time for a new DLL release

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 03:12:46PM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
>Option 3 is what I referred to in my original post volunteering to write a
>setup program,
>http://www.delorie.com/archives/browse.cgi?p=cygwin-developers/2000/02/24/15
>:02:15.  This is a more long term solution and involves a port++ of RPM.  I
>know RPM has been ported by many people to work with cygwin, myself
>included.  What I am really talking about is not just porting it, but
>creating a version that is fully integrated with the standard Windows
>"Add/Remove Programs" functionality, wininet and possibly even the Microsoft
>Installer event model.  Additionally it would be packaged up as a
>self-extracting/installing application using some of the same code that is
>used in setup.exe.  I would gladly submit these modifications to Red Hat or
>whoever the maintainer of RPM is.
>
>Any other ideas or opinions?

I've actually assigned Corinna with the task of researching RPM.  She is
working with Michael Ring who's recently reported that he has built a
complete cygwin installation with dependencies and everything.

I'd be interested in getting something that integrated with Windows, as
you mention.  A long range plan would be to even have a GUI for this.

So, contact Corinna if you're interested in helping out.  I'll let her
coordinate this.