[greenbaum@ti.com: cygwin setup and firewalls]

Can someone test setup from behind a firewall?  I've gotten many
complaints about it not working when it needs to use a proxy to get to
the Internet.

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:29:07 -0700
From: Jack Greenbaum <greenbaum@ti.com>
To: dj@cygnus.com
Subject: cygwin setup and firewalls

I'm a bit discouraged with the new install for cygwin 1.0 as I'm behind a
firewall. With B19 and B20 I was used to being able to quickly install bash and
file utils on an NT box by just grabbing a .zip and away I go. I tried setup,
but it timed out and I'm relatively sure it is due the the firewall. So I
looked at the ftp directory and couldn't quickly figure out what to download,
in particular I found navigating all the subdirs a bit awkward. Would it be
possible to build a single subdirectory with all the latestest tar.gz's, or
even better a single .zip with bash and file-utils? Either of these would make
it easier for folk like me. If setup could use a proxy then setup would be just
fine, though I prefer to download as I always install on two machines and for
various reasons reinstall frequently.

Thanks for taking to the time to review this feedback.

Jack Greenbaum, TI Santa Barbara, greenbaum@ti.com
TI Santa Barbara
315 Bollay Dr
Santa Barbara, CA 93117