Re: rename() is sometimes unsafe on remote drives.

>>> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:50:14 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> If, for some reason, the MoveFile of an existing
> file fails, the target file will be gone.  rename on UNIX doesn't work
> this way.

I have never been experienced this case. I tried to create the
case so MoveFile fails and removes the target file, but could
not. Can someone present an example of the case to me?
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology