Re: Character sets in win32 and cygwin

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 07:35:43PM +0100, schilling@fokus.gmd.de wrote:
>To debug you could create a CD on UNIX that uses Joliet and includes
>a file Jörg. Mount this CD on Win32 and do a ls -l | cat -v and you will
>see that there is ~^T resp. M-^T instead of the expected ö (which
>should be M-v)

I am not going to be creating any CDs.  Sorry.

>Did this behaviour change since B20 ?

I don't know.

>If you like to have a look at mkisofs, get
>
>ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/alpha/cdrecord-1.8.1a02.tar.gz

If you would like to download the latest cygwin sources you can go to
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/snapshots/ .

In case it wasn't clear from the email that you received and from the
project web page, this mailing list is strictly not a forum for
reporting bugs.  It is intended that there be a certain amount of
participation in any problems that are uncovered.  Finding a potential
bug and then pointing us at sources is not going to be too fruitful.

While I do want cygwin to be as robust as possible, it is not likely that
I (or DJ, I assume) will have enough time to investigate something that
takes as much setup as this seems to entail.

Possibly somebody else will be interested in debugging this, but I would
guess that this will probably need to either debug this or find someone
else who will.