Re: bash often consume a cpu.

>>> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:15:06 -0500
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> I've made a few more changes.  Please try the next snapshot.

I tried your fixes through `cvs update'. Unfortunately, the
fixes make nothing about the problem, too. I replaced the strace
log with one which may be more helpful for your debugging.

In the strace log, I executed the bash command without any
environment variables nor /etc/{termcap,passwd,group}, and
simply typed `a\n' three times. The bash didn't consume a cpu
until two times. After I typed three times, it began to do so.

Anyway, my NT box has two CPU. Multi-processor systems hit
problems about race conditions more often than uni-processor
ones.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology