Re: next net release preview

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, DJ Delorie wrote:

> The tcl/tk in cygwin is heavily ported to cygwin, and is known to work
> with gdbtk and dejagnu.  If you want to try porting the latest tcl/tk
> to cygwin, and will commit to making sure that gdbtk and dejagnu still
> work with the new port, we'd be happy to help you make your port the
> official version.

DJ's absolutely correct. Tcl/Tk for Cygwin has a large amount of Cygwin
specific code, and some of it is quite tricky to just "move over".
Besides, moving from 8.0.x to 8.3.x requires extensive testing for large
extensions (I have so much code that embeds Tcl that it'll be a long
while before I make that leap).

However, I'm looking into 8.3.0 for Cygwin issue right now and hopefully
will have something after the net release. Dejagnu is the easy part,
but Insight will require some time to test.

Regards,
Mumit