Re: (patch) winsup noncygwin mess cleanup

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 08:03:07PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
> >Here's a patch to current CVS tree to remove the gross hack that was
> >there to load Cygwin DLL from a noncygwin app (eg., Java JNI, etc).
>
> This is wicked cool!  Thank you!
>
> Can I just make one minor stylistic suggestion?
>
> I think I'd prefer just using the "dynamically_loaded" variable
> directly rather than using the NON_CYGWIN_APP macro.  I think
> that the "dynamically_loaded" variable is clearer, especially
> when it is negated:
>
> 	if (!dynamically_loaded)
> 	  .
> 	  .

So would I, but was too lazy to change it again. My old macro was
really nasty using user_data.internal_reversed and so on. Feel
free to change it or let me know if you want me to resubmit.

Note that I haven't been able to track down one particular problem
in fd inheritance, ever after spending way too much time on it. If
I don't prevent fd inheritance in de_linearize_fd, it'll crash in
build_fhandler.

Regards,
Mumit