RE: Maintainers wanted

<snip>

> Wouldn't a CVS repository be superior in every respect to uploading
> tarballs?  It would be more efficient for the maintainer, have a
> revision history, make it easier for others to monitor and
> contribute...

<snip>

While a CVS repository might be a nice addition for those who wish to remain
current on the source code, I don't believe it should be the primary method
of distribution even for the source.  Some of us poor sots have to work
behind a firewall administered by anal-retentives with a two-bit
understanding of network security.  Put simply if it is not available via
HTTP some of us cannot access it from our places of work.

I know its not your problem, but please remember some of us have no choice
but to deal with the least common denominator when it comes to network
access.  In my case this is HTTP and FTP only, no TCP/IP, UDP, etc.  BTW,
who was the idiot that convinced all of America that the web _is_ the
internet?

P.S. Any anger expressed or implied is directed at no one on this list. (See
the sig)

--
Ron Parker
Butler Manufacturing Company