Re: timezone() errors

This is what Linux and IRIX have (effectively) but cygwin appears to
be emulating the BSD version (but the cygwin version takes no
parameters, unlike the link given previously).

If it were up to me, I'd try to emulate the Linux API as closely as
possible (where ansi/posix don't govern) but [the usual "backward
compatibility" issues].