Re: libcygwin.a as a symbolic link to lib{c,m}.a -- need insight

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> I've never heard of a problem where linking libcygwin.a (or any library file)
> multiple times caused problems.  If this did cause problems I'd think that Mu
> mit
> would have raised this issue.

I don't any reference to the problem in my mailbox or in the cygwin
archive, but just to be on the safe side, I want to build a variety of
applications to see if there's going to be a problem. If something
like Octave works, then chances are the rest will too.

One good test of course is to rebuild Cygwin dev tree twice (installing
each time so that the 2nd time everything is built with the new libs).

Regards,
Mumit