Re: POSIX threads implementation

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 07:16:54PM +0200, Pascal Vittone wrote:
>I am used to work with Solaris' POSIX threads.  I tried to use CYGWIN's
>threads but I had a lot of problem.  So, I read the code.  And I think
>there is some problems: when a process receives a signal, all the
>threads go out of the blocking calls; an exited thread can be chosen to
>process a signal; pthread_sigmask modifies process's signal mask;
>signals associated to exceptions are not always processed by the
>generating thread; ...

That sounds correct.  The current signal mechanism is not completely
correct in its signal delivery.

>Is my analysis correct?  Are these problems known?  Are some of them
>features?  Do you provide a description of your thread support
>implementation?  Is someone currently working on threads
>implementation?  Should I try to correct myself these problems?

No one is working on threads, AFAIK.  John Fortin has submitted some
patches but I don't know if he is actively working on this.

The only information available regarding pthreads is in the winsup
directory.

-chris