Re: MAKE_MODE default to UNIX?

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
[...]
> Geoffrey Noer set default make mode to msdos. Did you talk to him? As for
> me, the second thing I usually do after installation of cygwin on a new
> computer is to set MAKE_MODE to "unix" in global NT environment. The first
> one is to remount all drives in binary mode :-)

Many folks at Cygnus at the time strongly wanted the default to be
Windows mode because of the various toolchains we ship for the Windows
host that don't come with Cygwin (except as a supporting library).

Perhaps times and feelings have changed -- I personally prefer
having UNIX_MODE be the default.

--
Geoffrey Noer		Email: noer@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions