Re: problems with the latest snapshot

--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 07:27:23PM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
> >Hi, Chris!
> >
> >  it seems that there're some problems with signal handling in the
> >latest snapshots the first one is that bash freezes at startup if it's
> >being started from sh. It seems that this error prevents sshd from
> >running user shell.
>
> I think that this is really an ASH bug.  I have been playing with a
> new version of ASH for some time.  If anyone wants to try it, go to
>
> ftp.cygnus.com:/private/home/cgf
>
> and retrieve
>
> sh.exe.bz2	# the executable
>
> and
>
> ash.tar.bz2	# the source

Actually, I saw this behaviour a couple of nights ago when I was working with
Corinna on her security patch.  By the way, I think she has that problem
resolved.  I sent her a strace of this bash freezing when started from sh
problem.  It doesn't just freeze, it goes into an endless loop which is really
noticable in the strace file.  This endless loop is IMO not a problem with ash
but a runtime problem.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)