Experimental changes in the new snapshot

I have been busy in the last few days.  Here are the highlights
of what's new in the latest (2-Jul-1999?) snapshot:

1) A new sbrk which gives back memory to the system when
   the break point goes negative and there is more than a
   page to be returned.  This sbrk does not currently have
   the ability to deal with a split heap.  I'm still mulling
   over how to do that so that it can be integrated with fork.

2) A new dynamic loading scheme that loads a DLL only when
   the first symbol that needs it is referenced.  I've implemented
   this for USER32.DLL and WSOCK32.DLL.

3) Detects when the DLL is run from a non-compatible version of
   a previous DLL and aborts with an error message.

4) Fixes to get ttys working with emacs again (I hope).

5) Changes to stat based on Corinna's suggestion so that error messages
   reflect reality rather than the state of whether foo.exe existed when
   you were looking for foo.  I've also changed stat slightly so that it
   will only look for foo.exe if it 1) couldn't find foo and 2) didn't
   already contain an extension, i.e., `ls foo.bar' won't look for
   'foo.bar.exe' if `foo.bar' doesn't exist.

--
cgf@cygnus.com
http://www.cygnus.com/