Re: running two independent Cygwin DLLs?

Chris and DJ,

Thanks for the useful discussion. I'm running it right now, but I'm
running into some debugging problems unfortunately. GDB seems to be
getting SIGTRAP in the child (which is using this new modified DLL),
but only at times. However, the linked program run just fine.

It's probably best to just find another machine and use that instead.
For once I regret getting rid windows from my laptop.

How do you guys do it? Keep in mind that I never work on a windows box,
so go slow please.

> My only request is:  Please!   Don't even think of advising anyone
> to do this at home.  It has great potential for problems and I really
> don't want to see people attempting this on the cygwin mailing list.
> My standard response to cygwin users has always been to keep only one
> version of the DLL on the system.  That is always the safest way to
> do things.

That's the reason I posted to the cygwin-dev list hoping that most people
here already know the dangers of playing with fire ;-)

Regards,
Mumit