Re: struct stat st_dev question

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 09:01:55PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> >Hmm.  st_dev should be a disk's volume serial number, at least
> >from my reading of the code in fhandler.cc.
> >
> >If it's always returning 4096, that's a bug.
>
> Actually recent snapshots do not return 4096.

Thanks for checking.

In the meantime, I'll submit a patch to egcs that handles the current
release. It'll continue to work with b21 since it uses a different
scheme (/cygdrive instead //<drive> if I remember correctly), so it's
pretty safe.

fyi, these problems came up when trying to change the pathname scheme
in egcs to POSIX only for Cygwin as we had discussed earlier.

Regards,
Mumit