Re: b20.1 (egcs-1.1.1): making winsup problem

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 10:51:05AM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>

>> Now I'm ready to go ahead in trying to get pthreads running. Geoffrey mentioned
>> that the latest winsup snapshot supports a configure options caleld
>> --enablethreadsafe to support at least experimental thread support.
>>
>> Will this include and build the pthread package or will I have to compile it from
>> the pthread-win32 package available at sourceware.cygnus.com?
>>
>> The latest pthreads-snap-1999-01-23 claims within README to be unable to compile
>> under Cygwin or Mingw. I have compiled successfully the older
>> pthreads-snap-10-20, but when linking the example programs I get undefined
>> references to _beginthreadex and _endthreadex, which obviously are not supported
>> on Win9x systems.
>
>There is now a workaround so that _begin/endthreadex is emulated with
>CreateThread.

I think you are mixing two different packages.  The pthreads package that is
on sourceware is in no way related to cygwin.

When you compile with --enable-threads you get an experimental thread-safe
cygwin1.dll which contains some pthread_* functions.

-chris