This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attention Maintainer] man-db
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:54:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Attention Maintainer] man-db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87inio73bt.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <87eftc71os.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <email@example.com> <87o9sft6kb.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 7/20/2017 12:29 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
On 7/19/2017 1:53 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Achim Gratz writes:
This package currently has a perpetual postinstall script to keep the
database indexed, but doesn't provide for a way to create the initial
database during install.
This is done deliberately, because the creation of the initial
database can be very time consuming. See the release announcement:
You seem to have missed that I want the index creation to happen only
when an entirely optional package gets installed.
You're right, I did miss that. I withdraw my objection.