This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attention Maintainer] man-db
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:42:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Attention Maintainer] man-db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87inio73bt.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <87eftc71os.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 7/19/2017 1:53 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Achim Gratz writes:
This package currently has a perpetual postinstall script to keep the
database indexed, but doesn't provide for a way to create the initial
database during install.
This is done deliberately, because the creation of the initial database
can be very time consuming. See the release announcement:
FWIW, I agree with Yaakov's decision here. I think many (most?) users
would be very annoyed if they had to wait for mandb to finish its
initial run. And I suspect the Cygwin list would be flooded with
complaints that setup is hanging.