Re: setup complains about cygwin-doc package update

On Jul  5 11:20, Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2017-07-05 08:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul  5 13:32, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
So, these are handy links to have, I guess, but is it appropriate for
cygwin-doc.sh to presume that the directory exists? Maybe it should create it
rather than simply bail out and complain if it doesn't exist.

In theory, the script should only create the files if the directory
exists.  Brian?

Okay - assumed the directory would always be created by setup -
presumably not true - but do not check that assumption in pi, although
thought about it -

User's can decline creating shortcuts in setup.

should I check and skip creating shortcuts, rather than create dir and
shorcuts?  Should I also check and skip rm in prerm? And provide
patches?

Skipping goes hand in hand with the fact that the user declined the
Start Menu shortcut creation.

The script already does check and skip. The only issue is that it skips by calling 'exit 2' instead of 'exit 0', which is what led to the original post.

Ken