Re: [ITP] speexdsp-1.2rc3-1

On 12/26/2016 5:16 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
* Why a git snapshot instead of an official tarball?

I had problems building the latest speex release from the official tarball, so I switched to git for that release and just copied it for speexdsp.

* A version number of "1.2rc3" may not sort properly with a future
1.2.0.  Instead, drop all the git stuff and:

VERSION=1.2
RELEASE=0.1.rc3

Right. For speex, I had to use override.hint for 1.2.0. Thanks for the hint.

libspeexdsp1_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.dll"

NEVER DO THIS.  If the DLL ABI version number is changed upstream
(either on purpose or by accident), you might miss it and end up
packaging what should be libspeexdsp2 as libspeexdsp1, breaking existing
installations.

Noted.

I have added this package under your name.  Go ahead and upload with
these fixes, and then I'll fix the dependencies of other packages
accordingly.

Done. Thanks for the review and fixing up the dependencies.

Cynic, n.:
        Experienced.