Re: per-version hints proposal

On 09/12/2016 11:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Dec  9 11:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I don't think this is feasible.  The maintainer should have control
over the promotion from test to curr.  I'm not affected by this since
I generate new versions as soon as I promote, so this is more maintainers
like JonY, for whom a rebuild and reupload of the gcc packages just to
promote test to curr is quite a burden.

I mentioned 'ask for the package to be promoted' first, assuming that would be the first method tried.

[...]

- cygport gets a new command, e. g.

    cygport foo.cygport {promote|untest|currify}

  This command has only one purpose.  It creates and uploades new
  $PVR.hint files without the test: marker to the maintainers upload
  area.

  Shouldn't these files be picked up by calm and overwrite the existing
  PVR.hint files and the test marker is gone?

Embarrassingly, this was supposed to work, but didn't. Thanks to eblake for being the guinea pig for discovering that. I deployed a fix for that.