Re: [ITP] FUSE 2.8

On Jul 23 16:43, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote:
> On 7/23/16, 3:40 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>

> >no idea what's up between you, but this discussion is gross...
> >
> >My interest in both of your projects has just dwindled considerably.
>
> Corinna, understood. I think this may have been the point.

So you quoted my knee-jerk reaction but missed to quote the *real* point
of my mail.  Fixed that for you:

> > Here's an idea:  You both slap yourself and start talking to each other.
> >
> > For the Windows *and* Cygwin world it would be *much* preferrable if you
> > work together and create a single, unified FUSE concept, rather than
> > having two projects doing almost, but not entirely, the same thing,
> > Worse, given that FUSE only makes sense if user-space filesystems exist,
> > we now have two FUSE concepts with a disjunct set of user-space drivers.

> I was planning to work for a solution for how to have multiple *-fuse
> packages coexist based on Marco’s great answer.

Which is not the answer I'd expected since it completely ignores the
part about "talking to each other", "single FUSE concept" and
"collaboration".

> If you do not believe
> there is any interest any more please let me know.

I was talking about *my* interest.  Naturally I'm not speaking for the
entire group of maintainers.

I wouldn't block a package if there's no good reason like licensing
problems or a package completly ignoring collision with other, existing
packages.

Red Hat