Re: perl-5.24?

On 7/18/2016 3:39 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown <kbrown@...> writes:
I'm wondering whether you have plans to update perl to 5.24.  The biber
developer has just announced that the next version of biber will require
it because "they have the postfix dereference notion officially
supported and I can get rid of the the horrible circumfix operator syntax".

The RC1 for 5.24.1 is available now.  If it's binary compatible with the
5.22 modules, I could update  Perl without too much trouble, I think.

Thanks. The INSTALL file says that it's not binary compatible and that XS modules will have to be recompiled. It looks like we have about 8 of those in the distro.

Ken