Re: [ITP] libsass v3.3.6

Marcos Vives Del Sol writes:
>> They didn't forget anything, you are just not using a release tarball.
>> In that case you are expected to either build from a proper Git checkout
>> or run the release preparations yourself before configure.
> I am compiling a release tarball, as I've already said:
> https://github.com/sass/libsass/archive/3.3.6.tar.gz. That's the
> official tarball.

I've looked at their Makefile and documentation and it appears that
upstream don't do any preparation of any sorts for a release.  The
"release tarballs" are just snapshots for the release tag that don't
contain the extra file(s) that would actually be required based on the
rules in configure and the Makefile.

> Anything else to fix before it's GTG?

You might want to consider building from a Git checkout instead of the
tarball.  It seems that this is the recommended way to build and the
other build venues are obviously more or less untested these days.

Regards,
Achim.